Tour of Philadelphia and Amish Country
Join East Coast EdVentures on a week-end adventure to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, a city at the heart of America’s independence and today host to many cultural attractions. Our local guides will escort you on a tour of the City’s most well known sites, including the Benjamin Franklin House, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall (where both the Declaration of Independence and Constitution were signed), and much, much more. You will also have free time to explore the City on your own. We recommend the Philadelphia Museum of Art – site of “Rocky’s” steps- or South Street for a taste of funky street life and shopping. And don’t forget to sample the local favorite… an authentic Philly cheese steak sandwich.
For a small additional fee, join our optional side trip to nearby Lancaster County, home of the world famous Amish people, whose lifestyle is unchanged from 100 years ago, with no electricity or other modern conveniences. At night, enjoy Philly’s vibrant night life where you can choose among many fine restaurants and eclectic music venues. Don’t miss this tour to one of America’s most important cities!
Included in the price of tour:
- Round trip transportation on luxury motor coach with TV/CD/DVD.
- 2 nights at centrally located hotel.
- Professionally guided 3-hour tour of the city’s most popular sites.
- All trips are escorted by fun and experienced chaperones.
- An unforgettable weekend!
- Fun bus ride with lots of movies, snacks and good times along the way!!
- On Friday afternoon, board our Luxury coach bus at Riverside T-station, in Newton, Massachusetts (outside Boston). Additional pick-up locations in Hartford, New Haven & Darien, Connecticut, and Newark, New Jersey
- Arrive Friday evening in time to get a taste of the city’s music and nightlife.
- Our hotel is centrally located, near many restaurants and clubs, and within walking distance of the city’s Historic District.
- On Saturday morning, join our local guide for a walking/bus tour of Philly’s most famous historic and cultural sites. You will visit the Benjamin Franklin House, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall (where both the Declaration of Independence and Constitution were signed), and much, much more.
- On Saturday afternoon, take a step back in time on our optional side trip to the Amish country (not included in price of tour). Explore the lifestyle of the Amish people on a 2-hour guided tour. End the day with a delicious, home cooked dinner with an Amish family!
- At night, enjoy Philadelphia’s lively music scene, in Center City or downtown where you will find a wide selection of restaurants, music and dancing.
- On Sunday, you will have plenty of free time on your own to continue exploring the City’s sights, attractions and shopping. Or go visit the famous Museum of Art!
- Bus departs mid-afternoon for the return trip home.