Tour of Washington, DC
Join East Coast EdVentures this fall or spring on a weekend adventure to Washington, DC. Our local guides will escort you on a tour of Washington’s world-famous sites, including The White House, the U.S. Capitol, the Supreme Court and the Lincoln, Washington, Jefferson, and Vietnam Memorials. You will have time to explore the City’s many museums and acclaimed galleries lining the National Mall on your own. For the spring tour, spend a memorable evening at the International Naval Ball in Annapolis, Maryland- the experience of a lifetime! (Optional – at additional charge, formal attire required).
Included in the price of tour:
- Round trip transportation on luxury motor coach with TV/CD/DVD.
- 2 nights at centrally located hotel.
- Professionally guided 4-hour tour of the city’s most popular sites
- Illuminated evening tour of the monuments
- Tour of Washington D.C. led by knowledgeable local guides.
- All trips are escorted by fun and experienced chaperones.
- An unforgettable weekend!
- Fun bus ride with lots of movies, snacks and good times along the way!!
- On Friday afternoon, board our Luxury coach bus. Departure is from Riverside T-station, in Newton, MA (outside Boston). Stops are available in Hartford, New Haven & Darien, CT, and Newark, NJ.
- Arrive Friday evening in time to get a taste of the city’s nightlife.
- Our hotel is centrally located, near many restaurants, music and dancing.
- Be prepared for a very full day. Included in the trip is a 4-hour guided tour of Washington DC’s world famous sites, including The White House, the U.S. Capitol and the Lincoln Memorial.
- In the afternoon, take your pick of the city’s many museums and galleries, most offer free admission.
- Non-Naval Ball Trip: On Saturday evening, enjoy an amazing tour of the monuments under the lights. Then head out on your own to Georgetown or Foggy Bottom, home to many hip restaurants, music and dancing (including 18+ clubs).
- Naval Ball Trip Only: Be prepared to attend the U.S. Naval Academy’s International Ball where you will dance the night away with Naval midshipmen… this is the event of a lifetime! (Formal attire required – additional charge).
- On Sunday morning, take a final photo at the White House (walking distance of hotel) or enjoy last minute sightseeing and exploring.
- Bus departs early afternoon for the return trip home.